Friday, September 23, 2011

Stained Glass and On the Design Wall

Here is a very cool (well, I think so anyway) stained glass photo:

This is the top of a quilt for a friend of mine, and seeing as it is based on Elizabeth Hartman's Kitchen Windows pattern, I had to get this photo.  

This is the quilt that's on my design wall right now.  It is Eva by Basic Grey, and is based on i'm a ginger monkey's tutorial.  I did it the easy way, with a charm pack and a layer cake.


The design wall is how I get my boyfriend involved in my sewing.  I make the blocks, then sometimes he either designs or helps me design the quilt, then I sew, sandwich, quilt and bind.  He thinks he's going to make a quilt start to finish for his mom.  It involves applique, and so far, he has cut out 10 pieces.  It's going to be a long process :-).

Hope you enjoy the photos!  I'm trying to get better about taking them on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment