Monday, September 5, 2011

New Book Modern Mix by Jessica Levitt

I absolutely cannot wait for this book to come out.  It uses lots of solids, which I love.  It uses many purples (judging from the available photos), which I love, and the quilting is done by Angela Walters of quiltingismytherapy.com, whose work is fantastic and is something I can only aspire to.




See?  Beautiful Purples.  Stash Books commented about it on their blog today.  If anyone is reading this, go check it out.


Now, for another of my quilts:




This one was made for my sister's birthday, and uses Sultry by Basic Grey.  I adapted the Scruffily pattern by Rachel Griffith of psiquilt.com.  It was incredibly fun to make, and my sister loves the texture.  It was my first quilt on my brand new Bernina 440 QE, which has made my quilting sooo much better.


Now, for the Four Paws part:






This is Daemon.  (Sorry about the old photos, just being lazy).  If anyone can tell me how to make him right-side up in the first photo, that'd be great.  The second photo shows how he thinks the coffee table is his bed.  He gets upset and barks at us when we try to use it ourselves.  We adopted him from the Idaho Falls animal shelter July 7th, 2009 when he was about 8 weeks old.  He weighed 8 lbs, and based on his color, curly tail and black spots on his tongue, we thought he was a chow mix and would be around 50 lbs.  Well, he hit 50 lbs at 6 months and kept right on going until, at 21 months, he leveled out at a lovely 94 lbs.  We wouldn't change him, but we have no idea what breeds of dog are mixed in there..  His name was "puppy" for a long time.  He was the first pet my boyfriend and I got together, although we both had cats when we moved in together.  Finally, we agreed on Daemon.  I thought we were naming him Latin for demon, which he was.  Although now that he's grown out of it, I miss it a bit.  Tony thought we were naming him for the program that runs in the back on your computer...you know when an email bounces back, and it says "mailer-daemon" has refused...  Yeah, well, anyway, it's turned out to be a great name, regardless of which meaning you subscribe to.

No comments:

Post a Comment