Sunday, January 8, 2012

OK, I'm back

It can be a bit circular, this blogging thing, you know?  It's hard to write if no one is reading, but it's hard to get readers if you aren't writing.  So, really, I guess I'll start writing this for myself, to record what's going on in my life.


So here it is:


I sold my first (and second and third) quilt(s)!  The first was one I consigned at a lovely shop in Denver (one with a lovely owner, as well), Fabric Bliss.  




I hope that whoever bought this, or received it as a gift, loves it!


Then, a friend of mine commissioned two quilts, one for her mother in law and one for her son.  The second one is still in the works, but the first was gifted for Christmas.  It was fun to make and fun to quilt.  I quilted "Merry Christmas, [recipient]" on it several times, in addition to the stippling.  I wonder if she found it yet, or if she ever will.




Sorry for the terrible pictures, but I had to get it in the mail!

I was also able to send a friend a fun quilt for her new daughter!  It's made of Crayon Forest, which I totally love and think is sooo appropriate for a baby quilt.


So, quilting-wise I have been a bit lazy, but I've completed a few things, and I have a few more in the works.

In other news, these are my current foster puppies.  They are 5 weeks old, and their mother rejected them, so I am taking care of them until they are old enough to be adopted.  Meet Wynken (black and white), Blynken (black) and Nod (black and brown).



This was their first time outside.  Aren't they ridiculously cute?  I hope those ears grow though...right now they look kinda funny.  We were told they are husky/shepherd mixes, but they seem pretty small for that, all b/t 2 and 3 lbs at 5-ish weeks.  It's fun to see what they become as they get older.

No comments:

Post a Comment